1. What is microblading and Microshading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent technique for enhancing the appearance of the eyebrows. Shape of the eyebrows is calculated according to the golden intersection (phi1.6180) and face morphology. The pigment is applied into the surface layer of the dermis using disposable hand tools. Strokes are always drawn in the direction of natural hairs’ growth to achieve hyper-realistic look Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow colour and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
Microshading is the name that I used to describe Microblading combine with shading technique . This technique blends both microblading and shading into one blended outcome. First microblading is done, then another tool is used to provide a soft diluted version of colour to fill the space between strokes. This makes the brow look fuller and slightly more pigmented than can be achieved with just microblading alone. Best option for those with little to no hair, or large holes in their natural brows and people with oily skin, large pores.
2. How long does it take and last
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 1.5-2hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment colour selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
Microblading typically lasts 1-2 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine and will slowly fade after.
3. Does it hurt?
Pain during treatment is relative as we don’t prefer pre-numb because that is when your skin soak too much water underneath of the skin and might not give you the best heal result. Most of our clients compare the pain to the one they feel when plucking eyebrows. It is possible to use mild anaesthetics liquid that can entirely eliminate the pain during the treatment. however you may feel the need to sneeze or your eyes may become sensitive.
4. Who is not suitable for treatments
PD Artistry will not perform tattoo treatment on people under 18 years of age ,under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
We also do not provide microblading for people:
- Pregnant/ breastfeeding
- Skin problem ( skin disease, Ance ,irritations ,sunburn, rash near treated area
- Epilepsy /
- Cancer/Undergoing Cancer treatment (If you are just post treatment please obtain a letter from your Oncologist)
- Botox fillers or skin treatments around the brow/forehead area if done within3 weeks of your appt
- Taking Blood thinner ( Aspirin), prone to keloid scarring
- Diabetes (unless controlled, please obtain a letter from your doctor)
If you are unsure to any of this please contact your doctor before deciding to book your appointment.
Microblading is not recommended for those with oily skin or large pores. If that's you, you may want combination shading and microblading technique.
5. What to do before your appointment for tattoo procedure.
- *No Botox (microblading only should be done 3 weeks after injections)
- *No chemical peels 4 weeks before a procedure
- *No retinol /Retin A or other anti- aging /acne cream or serum containing acid prior 4 weeks
- *No work out, sauna or sweat heavily the day of procedure
- *Do not take Aspirin, ibuprofen or any type of blood thinner one week before procedure
- *Do not wax/ tint/ before procedure
- *No Alcohol, caffeine or any type of energy drinks 24hrs before the procedure
- *Do not tan 2weeks prior or have sunburned face
Brow will peel quicker due to chemical travelling under the skin
As these will fade brows prematurely